In light of recent events, people are forced to stay at home due to the pandemic COVID-19. Many couples who are in the middle of their couple therapy find themselves needing to self-isolate and find a couple therapist that offers online counselling or Telehealth.
We have created a list of effective implementations that will assist couples who are interested in doing a couples therapy session online/telehealth counselling while at the comfort of their home during this time of a pandemic.
Couple Therapy in the privacy of your home is most effective with the following considerations:
- The room you are in is very well lit.
- That you are both in the same location.
- That you have a good internet connection.
- That your sound on your device is clear and audible.
- You are both sitting on separate chairs that are equal in her height, preferably swivel chairs.
- That there are no interruptions or distractions.
- That we limit sessions to two hours as online can cause some fatigue for you rather than being live in the room with your therapist.
- That you agree to respond to directives from your therapist particularly when emotions are high. This is very important for the online therapy to be effective and it is best to discuss this with your therapist before you commence.
- That no one is recording the sessions under any circumstances.
- That your therapist can see you both from your waist up in the camera.
- That you have both allowed some time before hand to centre yourself for the session.
If you’re looking for an experienced couple therapist that offers online/Telehealth counselling you may contact Melissa Ferrari.